What is better than a wedding on a Christmas tree farm? There are so many details that you can add to make a wedding at a tree farm a beautiful occasion whether it is in the fall or winter. Think darker flowers, snow globes or pine cones for center pieces, a faux fur stole. Could you imagine being married surrounded by Christmas trees?
This is exactly where this gorgeous wedding I am about to feature was at. Marguerita was such a stunning bride. This wedding was in 2016 but it was still such a special event and she is such a special bride who I still get to see on a fairly regular basis. She got married at Glennwood Tree Farm in October 2016. It was a rainy day but that didn’t ruin anything.
Her look was classic and simple she wore her hair up and to the side with a braid and single flower. Her dress was simple and something she bought before her fiance proposed. She just fell in love with it. Her makeup was soft and beautiful. She really looked stunning. And wait till you see her fur stole.
Photography by Autumn L. Rudolph Photography
Venue Glennwood Tree Farm
Hair Brenda Goethals
DJ DJ Dice
Flowers Krissy’s Kreations
Rentals American Party Place, Cort Party Rentals, The Meaningful Details
Today I decided to write to you all about my favorite things…as in favorite products. As much as I would love to tell you all about my obsession with coffee and celebrity gossip (I used to be a barista and love white chocolate americanos and I follow Kristen Bell on instagram). I am not going to instead I am going to write about my favorite products and why I like them. More than likely they will be used in your makeup application with me. I don’t have a frou frou kit, my kit is a work horse a lot of products I love are products you haven’t heard of but they work and I will tell you why.
The first thing I wouldn’t be able to leave my house without is my light. I use The Makeup Light. I can’t do my job correctly without good lighting. This light is my baby.
2nd comes my brushes I mostly use Royal and Langnickel these are professional brushes and are meant to take a beating. I am a freak when it comes to safety and sanitation so my brushes get dipped in brush cleaner and hang dried, then cleaned with Dr. Bronner’s soap and hang dried, then dipped in 70% Isopropyl alcohol and hang dried. I go through brushes like crazy and always make sure I have enough sets for everyone.
The 3rd thing I truly need is good skin prep. I don’t use skin primers I believe in good skin prep so I use bioderma products they are amazing for makeup application.
4th my Viseart eyeshadows, I don’t have a lot of trendy shadow palettes in my kit I have professional products that do the job right. Viseart is an amazing makeup line that take great care of their clients.
5 my foundations they are all top of the line and make your skin feel glorious. I use Face Atelier liquid foundation, RCMA cream foundation and temptu airbrush foundation.
So there you have it my favorite things.
So I figured I should reintroduce myself. I had a blog in 2015 and let it go but because it is the new year it is time to restart this blog. You know those celebrity postings about the 25 things you didn’t know about me… oh yeah you know the ones I’m talking about. Well let me reintroduce myself with 25 things you didn’t know about me.
So here goes nothing…
1) My favorite things in the world are my kids and my husband. I know cliche’ but they are seriously the funniest people in the world and crack me up daily.
2) My favorite thing to do is read. I love curling up with a cup of coffee and a good book and neglecting my chores. I know some of you do too. I am currently reading a book called Dodge The Bullet. If you don’t have a kindle e reader you need to check it out.
3) I got into makeup artistry because I wanted to be an actress and the photographer who took my headshots liked my makeup and hired me to do everyone elses.
4) I really did think I could be an actress until my first audition. Feel free to ask about it.
5) I am a licensed esthetician and am passionate about teaching and educating teens on basic skincare and makeup looks that work for them.
6) I love love love home blogs. I am obsessed with farm house styles and love chippy antique furniture. Liz Marie Blog is my favorite.
7) I love looking at real estate even if I am not buying a house. I get the Zillow emails and love checking out the houses coming on the market.
8) My favorite food is anything with a potato in it.
9) I love celebrity gossip I have since I was a kid and used to get Us weekly.
10) My favorite shows are This is Us and Chicago Fire, PD and Med.
11) I used to do ballet I started when I was 4 and stopped when I was 18 and I still remember all of the ballet terms. Just don’t ask me to piroutte.
12) I love Zumba and I go to Prime Fitness for my Zumba class.
13) In the summer you will usually find my family and I on a boat fishing in a lake. I never fished until I met my husband 12 years ago.
14) My favorite makeup products are Viseart, Becca and Palladio.
15) My least favorite thing is watching women try to change themselves thinking that they have to conform to certain beauty standards.
16) I love a good red lip.
17) I really really love icecream (who doesn’t).
18) I don’t like spiders.
19) I want to one day travel to Italy my family is from there and I would love to see it.
20) I am a history buff specifically about wars, I find learning about the civil war is fascinating and I love learning about World War 2.
21) My favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn, not only is she an amazing actress she was an amazing person. I even named my daughter after her and Grace Kelly.
22) I love theater and musicals. I think that the arts are so important for people to experience and am glad that musicals are coming out in theaters. Except for LaLa Land that was ridiculous.
23) I love making connections with people.
24) I am very thankful to be in the industry I am in and feel so blessed to do what I love.
25) The wedding industry is one of my favorite places to be and when I bride puts her trust into me I feel very honored.
So there you have it 25 things about me.
Photography by John Curry Photography
Photography by G Squared Photography
Photography by Simple Light Photography