So I figured I should reintroduce myself. I had a blog in 2015 and let it go but because it is the new year it is time to restart this blog. You know those celebrity postings about the 25 things you didn’t know about me… oh yeah you know the ones I’m talking about. Well let me reintroduce myself with 25 things you didn’t know about me.
So here goes nothing…
1) My favorite things in the world are my kids and my husband. I know cliche’ but they are seriously the funniest people in the world and crack me up daily.
2) My favorite thing to do is read. I love curling up with a cup of coffee and a good book and neglecting my chores. I know some of you do too. I am currently reading a book called Dodge The Bullet. If you don’t have a kindle e reader you need to check it out.
3) I got into makeup artistry because I wanted to be an actress and the photographer who took my headshots liked my makeup and hired me to do everyone elses.
4) I really did think I could be an actress until my first audition. Feel free to ask about it.
5) I am a licensed esthetician and am passionate about teaching and educating teens on basic skincare and makeup looks that work for them.
6) I love love love home blogs. I am obsessed with farm house styles and love chippy antique furniture. Liz Marie Blog is my favorite.
7) I love looking at real estate even if I am not buying a house. I get the Zillow emails and love checking out the houses coming on the market.
8) My favorite food is anything with a potato in it.
9) I love celebrity gossip I have since I was a kid and used to get Us weekly.
10) My favorite shows are This is Us and Chicago Fire, PD and Med.
11) I used to do ballet I started when I was 4 and stopped when I was 18 and I still remember all of the ballet terms. Just don’t ask me to piroutte.
12) I love Zumba and I go to Prime Fitness for my Zumba class.
13) In the summer you will usually find my family and I on a boat fishing in a lake. I never fished until I met my husband 12 years ago.
14) My favorite makeup products are Viseart, Becca and Palladio.
15) My least favorite thing is watching women try to change themselves thinking that they have to conform to certain beauty standards.
16) I love a good red lip.
17) I really really love icecream (who doesn’t).
18) I don’t like spiders.
19) I want to one day travel to Italy my family is from there and I would love to see it.
20) I am a history buff specifically about wars, I find learning about the civil war is fascinating and I love learning about World War 2.
21) My favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn, not only is she an amazing actress she was an amazing person. I even named my daughter after her and Grace Kelly.
22) I love theater and musicals. I think that the arts are so important for people to experience and am glad that musicals are coming out in theaters. Except for LaLa Land that was ridiculous.
23) I love making connections with people.
24) I am very thankful to be in the industry I am in and feel so blessed to do what I love.
25) The wedding industry is one of my favorite places to be and when I bride puts her trust into me I feel very honored.
So there you have it 25 things about me.
Photography by John Curry Photography
Photography by G Squared Photography
Photography by Simple Light Photography
Hi there I hope that everyone had a very merry Christmas. I thought because 2015 is almost done, which I can’t even believe, I would reflect how this year has gone for me. 2015 was very busy I did 15 weddings this year and had amazing brides, I did 2 wedding shows which was a wonderful way for me to get some new bridal clients. My work got featured in a few more blogs which is great! I got published in a magazine and have seen my images on New Day Northwest and Seattle Brides instagram page. That was an amazing feeling! I also was nominated for the Best of Western Washington and got into 8th place out of 97 amazing other artists.
Last year I spent some time working on goals that I was hoping to achieve and am so surprised to look back on that blog post and see that I surpassed them. I have done so many things this year that took me out of my comfort zone and brought me opportunities that I didn’t even know existed. This year also taught me how to set boundaries for myself and brought lessons that I needed to learn. Not every job should be taken and it is okay to say no.
I think for next year I want to do a few more weddings, I would love to be featured in another magazine, I am going to continue to grow my social media accounts and maybe do some sponsored ads. I want to keep learning and growing with both my skin care and makeup artistry. I also want to be in the top 5 of Best of Western Washington. These are just my goals for next year I know life will always throw some curve balls at you and if I do all these things that would be wonderful if I don’t that is okay too. God has a way of knowing just what you need before you do and I trust in him and know no matter what 2016 will be a great year.
Anyway thank you all for your support and I appreciate you more than you will ever know. Here is a look back at 2015.
This year I got the opportunity to run for the Best of Western Washington 2015. I was so excited that I got nominated and got the chance to run. I ran with 97 other nominees in the category of Best Wedding Makeup. To say that I was nervous to run is an understatement. To put yourself out there and have your business rely on votes is nerve wracking you start to look at your work in a new light and want to make sure you are putting the best out there.
It is also hard to ask people to vote but I have got to say I have the most supportive clients, family and friends. My goal was to make it into the top ten and I honestly had no idea if I would be able to do it. I found out a few days ago that my business got into 8th place. I am thrilled and I want to take the time to thank all of you who took the time to vote for me.
Thank you for the votes, for the support, for the encouragement and for the courage to put myself out there in a way that I never have before. I truly appreciate it. If you haven’t gotten a chance to see the link here it is.